About Me

My photo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Gary Mackean, The Boy Who Draws Monsters, is the creator of the gremlin webcomic Barnaby and Loaker, Angus the Haggis Slayer and many other characters. Gary is an Edinburgh cartoonist and illustrator and is available for commissions and projects. garymackean@aol.com

Friday 12 April 2013

Call of the Wild


I painted this image for the Illustration Friday word "Wild", I've no idea what the creature is but if I had to guess then he'd be somewhere between a gremlin and a squirrel. The painting is about the wild animal's need to follow his nature and the call of destiny that comes with it.

Lately I've been wanting to make my art more appealing or perhaps a little more cute than it has been in the past....This is probably as far as I'll ever get at attempting to make "cute art". In some ways it is but I still think my own style and personality shines through....so wherever you are, I hope you enjoy "Call of the Wild".

1 comment:

poppylocke said...

Cool picture, I love the style - and the creature's expression is great :)