About Me

My photo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Gary Mackean, The Boy Who Draws Monsters, is the creator of the gremlin webcomic Barnaby and Loaker, Angus the Haggis Slayer and many other characters. Gary is an Edinburgh cartoonist and illustrator and is available for commissions and projects. garymackean@aol.com

Saturday 25 May 2013

T-REX

acrylic paint on MDF A2 Board.
In the past I have painted animals ranging from highland cows to Pine Martens as well as illustrating several Sea Monsters so I thought it was about time that I painted a Dinosaur. I haven't painted a dinosaur since I was a young gun in Fife so it was interesting to see what I came up with now that I have worked on my style and abilities as an illustrator. I'm quite happy with the way it ended up so I think I may do a few more of these ancient lizards...

I hope you all like my T-Rex!



1 comment:

poppylocke said...

You should definitely do more dinosaurs, this one is awesome!